To take advantage of the get-togther of delegates of the european LGBTIQA*Sportsclubs there will be an international conference prior to the AGA as such. The topic of the conference will be „Migration and Diversity“ and will discuss ways, how sports can be a way to encounter –partly- culturally anchored Homo- and Transphobia.
Upon registration to AGA you may also register for a workshop, or, as a second choice, name another one in case your workshop requested will not be available (for whatever reason).
The following workshops are being planned
Workshop 1 : How do we reach LGBTIQA*Sportsfriends in a homophobian environment?
Aspects to be discussed may be:
- Sensitive communication without compromising those concerned
- Visibility of clubs and their programs
- Consideration of specific cultural aspects
- Exchange of experiences and Best Practices
Workshop 2 : How do we create a homo– and transfriendly environment through sport events?
- How (strongly) founded is Homo- and Transphobia in other culture circles?
- Which events are suitable (tournaments, friendship games, mixed teams, partcicipation of LGBTIQA*teams in (different) leagues etc.)?
- Differentiation of origin, religion, tradition, sex etc.
- Trans- or Intersexuality in traditional societies in particular
Workshop 3 : Emancipation through Women´s and Lesbian Sports clubs
- How can sport enforce emancipation of women in patriarchic societies?
- What experience do women athletes have in their various cultures with regard to the visibility of women and lesbians?
- What sort of social and cultural ‚classifications‘ are they confronted with?
- How do lesbians and women experience their differences, and how do they manage doing sports together?
- What is the role of sports clubs?
- How do sports clubs need to shape their programs, and what needs to be done to succesfully reach out for these women?
Program conference, Friday, 03. March 2017
|09:00 - 10:00 am||Breakfast|
|10:00 – 10:30 am||Welcome|
|10:30 - 12:00 am||Workshops|
|12:00 – 12:30 pm||Lunch|
|12:30 – 13:30 pm||Workshops|
|13:30 - 14:00 pm||Presentation of workshop results|
|14:00 - 14:15 pm||End|
03. - 05. März 2017
AIDS Hilfe Düsseldorf e.V.